You guys, this is probably one of the easiest DIY projects I’ve ever done! Seriously, you could do this in half a nap (am I the only mom who measures time by naps?). Not only is this project easy, it’s also really inexpensive and the results are super cute!
DIY Marble Coasters
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
What You’ll Need:
- Sheet of 4″ marble tiles (I got mine here)
- 1 sheet of white craft felt (or self-adhesive felt)
- Washi tape
- Mod Podge (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- First, carefully remove four tiles from the sheet of marble tiles. Use one of the tiles to trace on the felt. Trace four (or however many coasters you’re making) shapes on your felt and cut them out (tip: cut the felt shapes slightly smaller than the size of your tile).
- Next, take the washi tape of your choice (I used gold with white polka dots, but any pattern and style would look fabulous!). Tear off a long strip of the tape and carefully wrap it around the edge of your marble tile. Line up one edge of the tape on the top edge of the tile and then press the excess down onto the underside of the tile.
- Now, if you’ve used normal felt, you’ll need to Mod Podge the felt to the back of your tiles. But if you use self-adhering felt, you’ll just remove the paper backing and stick them on the back of the tiles.
- Make a cup of coffee and enjoy your handiwork!
Aren’t they the cutest? They’re nice and heavy, too. I love the look of the marble with a little whimsy of the gold and white polkadots. You can make several of these tile sets and experiment with different looks using different washi tape and change them out with the seasons or give them away as gifts (hint: this would be a fantastic Christmas gift!).
Don’t you just love quick and easy projects? How will you customize your new marble coasters?
Lynn Woods says
Cheyenne, these are so cute! What a great project. I’m excited it’s quick and easy!
I am so in love with these! And I can’t believe how simple it is to make – thank you for sharing!
Love these! I’ve been wanting to make my own coasters!
Kristen Raney says
These are such a fantastic idea! I don’t have any coasters, I’m actually going to try making these.
This is such a simple idea and it looks so professional and beautiful. I’m thinking of doing some DIY gifts for Christmas this year so this is definitely something I’m adding to my ideas list. Thanks!
These really are super cute Cheyenne, I love the idea to finish the edges with the washi tape. Give them a sophisticated charm!
These are so cute and unique. Love seeing well photographed DIYs too! Great work. <3
Taylor || The Millennial Sprinkle says
These are so gorgeous! I always loving finding new DIYs to try and these are totally something I’d make!
xo, Taylor (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)
Such a great idea, Cheyenne! I can’t wait to try this!!
What a great idea! Love this so much and love your measurement of time even more – half a nap!
Allison| Upright and Caffeinated says
How pretty (and easy)!! I love these coasters!