If you are looking for an easy and DELICIOUS dessert to contribute to your Christmas feast, I will be your new best friend. Friends, this is the easiest pie you will ever make. Not only that, it is probably one of the most scrumptious things I have ever put in my pie-hole (see what I did there?).
- 1 pre-packaged graham cracker pie crust
- 2 10-oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (see notes for substitute)
- zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, Meyer lemon juice and zest. (NOTE: If you do not have Meyer lemons, you can substitute with half tangerine and half regular lemon juice. Use the zest from the lemon.) Mix the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Pour mixture into pre-made pie crust. (You could make your own, buy why?)
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until you see small bubbles bubbling up on the sides of the pie.
- Allow to cool slightly before putting pie in the fridge overnight to chill.
- For the whipped cream, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and coconut extract in a bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spread the coconut whipped cream on top of the chilled pie.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top and serve.
I can’t get enough of this pie and neither can my neighbors and friends. I made this for the first time over Thanksgiving and my family started planning for me to buy a food truck and sell “Chey’s Pies.”
Since I had eleventy billion Meyer lemons to use from the fall harvest of my tree, I decided to make these pies for neighbors and friends as Christmas gifts. I’m also making a few for my family’s Christmas dinner. I’m telling you, this pie is to DIE FOR!
Do you have a go-to holiday pie recipe?