One of the banes of my existence is jewelry organization. I don’t have a lot of jewelry because I don’t wear it often enough. But the jewelry I do have has, up until recently, ended up tossed in a random tray on top of my dresser. Earrings, rings, bracelets, my watch…pretty much everything gets taken off at the earliest opportunity and tossed in the tray. It’s embarrassing to admit because I am a bit of a neat freak, unless you look inside my closets (I’m not the only one, am I?).
This past week, I had had enough of the mess of earrings on my dresser, so I decided to make a quick and easy earring holder. I love how it turned out and it really makes finding (and putting away) my earring so much easier!
This post contains affiliate links, for your convenience. This means that if you purchase something through one of my links, I may earn enough commission to buy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. In either case, thanks!
DIY Earring Holder
- 1 foot square decorative aluminum sheet (I got mine at Lowe’s)
- 12″ X 12″ shadow box (I got mine at Michaels, you can find a similar one here)
- 12″ X 12″ scrapbook paper (optional)
- washi tape (optional)
- First thing I did was take out all the layers of my shadow box. Then I put the aluminum sheet in the place where the glass used to be.
- Next, I put all the shadow box spacers behind the aluminum sheet, creating about a half inch of space between the sheet and where the back of the shadow box will be.
- Then I added a piece of scrapbook paper on top of the spacers (if your box doesn’t have spacers or the page lays strangely, just used some double sided tape and tape your scrapbook paper onto the front of the shadow box backing).
- Replace the shadow box backing and secure in place.
- Next, turn the shadow box over and start placing lengths of washi tape around the front of the shadow box frame. I eyeballed the length I wanted and then used a pair of scissors to mark the 45-degree corners on the tape, cutting away the excess so that each corner would match up squarely.
- Now just hang your earrings and hang the shadow box on your wall. You’re done!
Wasn’t that simple? I love how pretty it looks with my earrings hanging on it. I also love that I can change out the washi tape if I want to change it up a bit. I will hang this cute little earring organizer in my closet where all the rest of my jewelry will (eventually) be organized. Seeing my prettiest earrings displayed like this makes me want to go buy more (Kendra Scott shopping trip, anyone?)!
How do you organize your earrings and the rest of your jewelry? Any jewelry organizing tips we must know? Please share!